Friday, July 6, 2007

Week 6, Thing 14 - Technorati & Tags

One of the most astounding facts that has come out of this "Thing" is that there are over 50 million blogs and that the total will double in another 5 or 6 months! I will say that since it has been so easy to create one, I am not surprised that there are a lot, but 50 million!?! That is shocking! I know lots of people that have their own blogs and now that there are so many of us from CCPL creating blogs, it is great to have a way to search for my favorites. I have heard of Technorati, but I wasn't really sure how it worked. It seems to be fairly straightforward. I created an account and even put a link onto my blog that says "Add to Technorati Favorites" so that others can add my blog to their favorites. I like the fact that you can add your own tags when you add something to your favorites. This way, you can decide why that particular blog is important to you. I may think that something is useful for "learning 2.0" and someone else may find the same blog useful for something totally different, which is why it is great that you can customize your tags to fit whatever is important to you!

No comments: