Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Week 5, Thing 12 - Roll your Own Search Tool

Well, I must say that it has been too long since I've posted anything. But, since we are caught up to where I got ahead, it is time to get working again! I'm going on vacation in 2 weeks and I want to be as close to done with my 23 things as I can be! So, here we are with Rollyo. I will say that I was skeptical about this one at first. But, as always, technology wins out and I can see how very useful something like this will be. I created My Rollyo Account and made 3 Search Rolls so far - 1 for news, 1 for entertainment, and 1 for NY Sports (I'm a Yankees fan and while I'm not that interested in the other sports teams in my search roll, I can see that someone else may be - someone who is probably from NY, that is!). Google is the ultimate search engine, but it is pretty cool to know that I can custom make my own, using only the sites that I approve. A parent could really make use of this with sites that are appropriate for homework - they could have a search roll for each subject. This is certainly something to pass on to our customers!

No comments: