Sunday, June 24, 2007

Week 4, Thing 9 - Explore MERLIN

The Drama of a Prairie Dog! I love this 5-second video. It is all over the Internet, but I found it most recently when I was exploring Technorati, which seems to be the most visually appealing of all the search tools that I looked at for this Thing. The look of the site is clean and not overwhelming, like some of the others are. I know that they contain lots of great ways to search for feeds, but most of them were extremely cluttered. Technorati has a couple of great features that allow the user to see commonly searched words (a scrolling marquis across the top of the page will allow the user to click on the random links, and a box on the righthand side of the page has a list of randomly searched words too). I also really like the link to WTF, which in the world of Technorati means "Where's the Fire" or more specifically, the latest hot topics that people are blogging about.

As for MERLIN, I created an account and look forward to exploring that site a bit more. I have heard of it, but had not used it at all before today.

No comments: