Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Week 1, Thing 2 - Pointers from Lifelong Learners

Well, I already posted quite a bit under the title "7 1/2 Lifelong Learning Habits," but I'm sure I can add a bit more to what I have already learned! I would like to say that the habit that I am most looking forward to is #7 1/2: Play! I love to try out new things. I used to teach computer classes, from the very basic "How to Use a Mouse," up to more advanced classes like Word, Publisher, and Searching the Internet. When I taught my beginning classes, I would always tell my students (who consisted mainly of senior citizens) that they can't break the computer. Usually they were very apprehensive new learners and they were so worried about breaking the computer. I would always tell them that they may get lost (on the internet, for example), but that they couldn't "break" the computer. I always keep that in mind when I am learning new things. I would also tell my students that the best way for them to learn was to play around and experiment on the computer. While most of them started out to be nervous learners, I am proud to say that many of my students went on to be successful and skilled computer users. So, that being said, I'm looking forward to Playing with the new technologies that will be taught in this program!

No comments: