Friday, August 3, 2007

Week 9, Thing 22 - Overdrive

I am so glad that this was one of our 23 Things! I have been familiar with Overdrive for some time, since we got an Overdrive station at the Westminster Branch. However, I did not spent enough time familiarizing myself with it and I felt a bit uncomfortable talking it up to customers. This tutorial was fantastic and I feel much better about recommending it to customers. I installed Overdrive on my home computer, updated Media Player, and proceeded to download a couple of audiobooks, including "Dave Barry's Money Secrets: Like Why Is There a Giant Eyeball on the Dollar?". It was so easy! I even put a few on hold that were unavailable at that moment. I'm going to burn a book or two to CD, so that I can listen to them in the car. And now I really can't wait to get an mp3 player! This has been a really great Thing!

One more to go - I'm almost there!!

No comments: