Friday, August 3, 2007

23 Things is Important

I have said this in a few other entries, but the point needs to be re-stated. I feel that 23 Things has been a very important process for staff members of public libraries go through because it is an easy and comprehensive way to familiarize ourselves with technologies that our customers are already using. It is important to be aware of these Things, so that we can directly relate to and understand our customers. It is also important to be aware of these Things because they may be useful to our customers, and while they may be receptive to learning about these Things, they may not be aware of their existence. I keep thinking about Flickr and how great it will be to share photos with my family and friends of the various things that happen in my life and the things that are happening in their lives. We all live various distances from one another and it will be great to share our lives in "real" time. I think that customers will be able to relate to this and find it a useful tool. So, overall I do believe that the Things we learned in this process have been important. I may not make use of all of them in my own life, but it is very important to at least be familiar with them because the people that I deal with and interact with every day may be making use of some of these Things or may have an interest to learn about some of these Things. And now I will be able to help.

2 comments:

PurpleBird said...

I agree wholeheartedly. Congratulations on finishing! -Mallory

Gail Griffith said...

Couldn't have said it better! And I have enjoyed reading your blog. :-)