Saturday, September 29, 2007

People, StarGirl, and other Musings

It is a quiet and peaceful Saturday morning. My husband went camping/hiking for the weekend, so after I kissed him goodbye this morning, I made myself a cup of tea and settled in for some reading time with the kitties. It's what I call "People Saturday" - where I spend some quality time reading the latest issue of People Magazine and getting caught up on the latest Hollywood news. Lately, I have not been enjoying People Saturday as much as I used to. I think that it is my own undoing though. I like to read celebrity websites, like Perez Hilton, and by the time the actual magazine comes out, I have already seen most of the stories. I kind of spoil it for myself, which I don't like to do, but I'm full-on addicted to the Internet. What a catch-22!!

There wasn't too much exciting in this week's People anyway. I decided to amuse myself by reading the latest Jerry Spinelli book, "Love, Stargirl." I loved the original Stargirl and was curious to see what he'd do with this one. So far, I am enjoying it - told in letters written by Stargirl to Leo, her boyfriend that she left behind when her family moved from AZ to PA. I love Stargirl and the free spirit that she is. She's passionate and strong, but she is also incredibly human and at times, childlike. She is able to see the world from a different perspective and that is something that I envy about her.

I think that I will get myself together and go out to enjoy this beautiful day. Since my hubby is out of cell-phone range, I don't have to worry about missing a call from him. I'm not sure where I'll go today, but somewhere that I can be outdoors and enjoy the sun. I hope that you enjoy the day too!

No comments: