Friday, January 18, 2008

A Day Off

Today is Friday and it is my day off. Because I work every third Saturday, I get every third Friday all to myself. Charley started back to classes yesterday, so I truly have the day to myself. I had to go grocery shopping today, but that was about it. I wasn't in any rush this morning, so I lounged in The Sac for a while and finished reading my book, Queen of Sorcerey by David Eddings. I've got the next book in the series and I'll probably make a cup of tea and get started on that one in a few minutes. I did finally go to the store and got my shopping done. We didn't have much food in the house so I had to buy a lot. Now the fridge is full of fruit and other tasty treats, so I feel better.

Though I am enjoying my day off, I will admit that I was really happy to get back to work this week. It was nice to come back de-stressed and feeling on top of all of my projects. Monday started off with a SRT meeting, which was a bit tedious, but mostly productive. I was glad to get back to my story times too. I really missed all of my little kids, so it was good to see them again after a pretty long break. I feel refreshed and I hope that the feeling stays with me for a while. I know that it will get busy with various projects soon, so I will try really hard to stay on top of the stress. One nice thing about this particular weekend is that even though I have to work on Saturday, I will still have a 2-day weekend because we are closed on Monday for MLK Day. I don't feel as much pressure to get the housework done because I will have all day Sunday and Monday (another day all to myself since Charley will have work regardless of the holiday).

I may try some new recipes this weekend. I'll let you know what I try and if there is anything that you should try too! I think I'll go to my book now. I am really enjoying this series. I read it several years ago and only remember fragments of the story so it is enjoyable once again!

No comments: